Handy guide for delicious menu offerings
IS IT all Greek to you? Let us help out with our simple guide to a few of the Greek dishes on the Spartan Eatery’s menu.
● Greek Piato – the word Piato means plate and we serve it as a platter of various Greek items including: dolmades (beef mince and rice, wrapped in grape vine or spinach leaves), beef keftedes (meatballs), spanakopita (spinach and feta pie), garlic and tomato cooked brinjal, tzatziki (cucumber, yoghurt and garlic sauce), hummus (chickpea paté) and pita bread.
● Greek lamb chops – 400g lamb loin chops grilled in a typically Greek lemon, garlic and oreganum sauce.
● Moussaka – layered potato, mince and brinjal topped with a creamy béchamel sauce.
● Shrimp Saganaki – shrimp meat cooked in a tomato, lemon and Ouzo sauce. Served with oven baked bread.
● Greek platter – need to cater at home or for a function? We now make a platter of Greek finger foods to serve eight-10 people for R280. Includes spanakopita, souvlakia, Greek meatballs, dolmades, calamari, crumbed mushrooms, tzatziki and more. Please book in advance to avoid disappointment.
● Baklava served with Rose ice cream – rolled phyllo pastry with crushed almonds, cinnamon, sugar and drenched in syrup.
● Galaktoboureko – (Greek custard pie) layered phyllo pastry filled with custard and drenched in syrup.
● Chilled Ouzo – this alcoholic anise- flavoured drink can be served on ice, or try our fruitier version with the Santorini cocktail.
If there are any other Greek dishes you would like to see on our menu, please let us know.
Join us once again for another Spartan Souvla next Saturday from 6pm. It costs R120 per person, includes roast potatoes, veggies, dolmades, spanakopita and tzatziki.
GREEK FOOD APPRECIATION EVENING
Are you part of a charity organisation and need new and fresh ideas to raise funds for ever growing operating expenses? We have come up with a “Greek Food Appreciation evening”. As a member or participant of a charity organisation, we ask that you use your existing e-mail or SMS database to invite people. Tickets can be pre-sold and we will sponsor Greek platters accordingly to cater for the event. These events can only be held on Monday or Tuesday evenings and we can accommodate 10 to 30 people per event.
CORPORATE AND BOOK CLUB VOUCHERS
Need a corporate incentive for your staff or want to pre-book for your book club or social group? We now offer customized vouchers with the option of a personalised message. Contact us for more info, bulk discounts also apply.
Greek food was made to share, so invite your friends and join us for lunch or supper at Spartan Eatery. Open Monday to Saturday from 11am. Bookings encouraged. (043) 726-6808.